Now you can trust your airplane like you do your car, probably even more. It’s trustworthy since it can have the same Chevrolet Bowtie engine but now with dual computers, alternators, fuel pumps and batteries along with their modern automotive technology for better durability, economy and service. Quiet Aviation LLC is offering our Bowtie 430 complete “bolt on” new GM LS3 430hp all aluminum, fully electronic V8 conversion kit for the Cessna serial numbers 17254894 and up which have the step firewall. Our 430 hp engine is derated to 180hp for the 172 and a little more for the 175. This 180hp equates to only 2600 engine rpm, producing a fraction of the available hp and assuring longevity and dependability. Now your overhauls can be many years in the future. The engineering for the straight firewall continues and will be announced when completed.
This Bowtie 430 kit sells for $29,500.00 FOB. If you wish, there is a $5,000 rebate for everything forward of the firewall except the cowling. This kit comes with step by step illustrated instructions so that even you can make the installation in around 40 manhours. In addition to the above items, the kit includes:
- a 3-blade, ground adjustable, carbon fiber, 78” propeller
- a 2:1 speed reduction helical gear box for 1300 rpm quiet prop speeds
- dual radiators with surge and overflow tanks for reserve cooling
- hot water cabin heat
- emission and efficient engine control using all engine sensors
- stainless, ceramic coated, exhaust with mufflers
- stainless battery box
- panel gages for digital tach, coolant and oil temperatures and dual voltages
- a computer tablet to compliment the panel gages for a glass display of the many engine functions as gages, numeric or time histories along with scan diagnostics
- cowl pattern and parts for exhaust and engine openings and the lower cowl spoiler
- the POH revisions
- and an engine run before shipment
With this Bowtie 430, you will appreciate the smoother and far quieter operation, 1 blade hot or cold starts, 5 to 7.5 gph fuel consumption on 87 octane auto gas or Avgas or their mix, takeoff, climb and even cruise at 180hp (and more for the C175), greater climb and ceiling, far cheaper overhauls or fresh replacements, and new life for these aging and often derelict airplanes. Shown are both the exposed and hooded installations.